It would be challenging for anyone to inform you what you have to do to become a much better angler. Here I will introduce you how to choose and use jigs for successful bass fishing.
- Total 20 Pieces of One Pack:10 Pieces of Bass Fishing Jigs(3/8oz),10 Pieces of Jig Skirts(50 Strands,5.12 inch)
- Croch Jig Skirts are made of 100% silicone, each strand contains tiny pearl flakes for added attraction
- Ideal Jigs for Flipping, Skipping, or Fished as a Swim Jig
- Quick change jig skirts replacement rubber skirts, dress up with your lures
- Good quality will be your better choice
- WEED GUARD DESGIN: Penetrates brushpiles and drop through grassbeds with equal efficiency
- JIG FEATURES: Flat-bottom 18-degree rise, black nickel light wire hook
- ATTENTION SEEKER: Baby Boo Jig has a proven record of catching the big ones
- EFFECTIVE SIZE AND COLORS: 60-strand ultra fine silicone skirt patterns; 5/16 oz lure weight
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: Strong hard coat paint with Plasti-Keeper Spike
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Pease, Steve (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 173 Pages - 06/13/2015 (Publication Date)
- 6 Pieces of Swim jigs(1/2oz 5/0 Hooks Six Colors) Plus 2 Pieces of 3.5" Craws,
- Very Sharp and Durable Hooks
- Wide Gap Hooks, Easy to Set Hooks Excellent Finish
- Soft and Attractive Skirts:55 Strands
- 6 Pieces of Swim jigs(1/2oz 5/0 Hooks Six Colors) Plus 2 Pieces of 3.5" Craws,
- EASY-CHANGE HOOK: Features Freedom's unique hook attachment system that provides enhanced bait movement and gives anglers the ability to change out to a different hook of their choice
- DURABLE AND EFFECTIVE: Features an epoxy finish for enhanced durability, and is also equipped with a sonic brass echo chamber to create a unique acoustic pitch
- SWING HOOK TECHNOLOGY: Features a unique swing attachment that allows the hook to swing freely behind the head, enhancing your bait's action; Fish can't use the bait head for leverage
- EASY-CHANGE HOOK: Head design allows you to change out the hook any time you like to adapt to changing fishing conditions
- 2 PER PACK: Includes 2 jig heads
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Holliday, Carlton "Doc" (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 194 Pages - 08/27/2015 (Publication Date) - lulu.com (Publisher)
- Recorded live show videos
- Mystery Tackle Box unboxings
- Boat and kayak build/mod videos
- Fishing adventures with Rizz, BTC and the Ike Live Crew
- English (Publication Language)
- 【WEED GUARD DESIGN JIG】 Weed guard football jigs prevents snagging on brush and vegetation. Each bass jig includes heavy weed guard to help come through cover easier
- 【HEAD JIG】 A wide football shaped head, which make sure the jig a superior feel and helps the jig stand-up and tantalize on the bottom
- 【ATTRACTIVE SKIRT】Premium Silicone Skirt imparts great action, which produce a lifelike look and action. The bright colors skirts could attract the fish and avoid hanging on the bottom in water
- 【APPLICATION】 Must have for fishing in grass water, rocky, weed bed and bottom fishing. Great lure lot for bass, walleye, pike, crappie, perch and catfish
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDE】 6pcs/pack 0.36 oz, 6pcs/pack 0.25oz, 3pcs 0.25 oz+ 3pcs 0.36 oz
- VERSATILE FISHING JIGS: The fishing jigs are very versatile and prevent snagging on brush and vegetation, and help come through cover easier. Vivid colors will bring amazing response and more attractive to fish.
- UNIQUE VIVID HEAD DESIGN BASS LURES: Streamlined, balanced head with lifelike paint. With 3D vivid eyes, makes fishing jigs more attractive. Unique head design featuring a true-tracking to give exactly what the need to produce monster strikes.
- LIFELIKE SWIMMING JIGS: High quality skirt imparts great action. Perfect skirt billows underwater to enhance swimming action. Hand-tied offer an increased sensitivity. Perfect skirt for a more lifelike swimming action.
- SHARP DURABLE HOOK: Fishing hook is made of black nickel high quality carbon steel, durable and strength. Sharpened barbed hook point allows deeper penetration.
- MULTIPLE COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM: With premium quality, different colors give a good fishing selection. The fishing rig worked great for lake small mouth and large mouth bass.
Using Jigs for Bass Fishing
With many techniques and various lures offered it boils down to picking the right one to fit the conditions where you are fishing. Beginning anglers have much to learn before they can consistently catch bass in any condition. Knowing and gaining experience is all part of what anglers call fishing. The secret is to learn something every time you capture a bass, as well as more importantly learn something every time you do not catch a fish.
In this post I intend to point the beginner in the right instructions while helping others keep in mind where they started their journey into bass fishing. With hard work and some perseverance you will master the methods needed to capture bass in many conditions. Nevertheless, do not feel that you should end up being a professional angler overnight, there isn’t really a darn thing wrong with being called an armature in this sport. Millions of anglers simply delight in fishing for the peace of mind in addition to the adrenaline of capturing a prize. Bass fishing has much to offer everybody at every age.
If you master one strategy with only one lure you can hold your own in particular conditions, however if you toss that lure in the incorrect place at the incorrect time it is not going to work. Take a crankbait for example, we all know how effective they can be, however on those days when bass are holding tight to cover it can become useless. This is a circumstance that you need to expand your horizon and learn a various technique with a new lure. In this condition being able to put a jig into a logjam or a brush pile can make a bad day of fishing a productive one in a few cast.
Lots of anglers will cast the crankbait all day and believe the bass aren’t biting, never understanding what they did incorrect. Practice, persistence and experience not just assists a novice end up being great, it likewise will make a great angler better. The best advice is to come from a bass club, or fish with skilled anglers as much as possible to learn and get experience and understanding. One hard days two days are always much better than one.
One basic bait that we will talk about in this post is the typical jig. Its basic design and presentation can rapidly end up being complicated if you let it. The essential lesson for fishing a jig is understanding what to do when. This is the start of the journey to become a better bass angler.
“One mistake that I see many people make when fishing a jig is they don’t permit it to obtain to the bottom.” States Nitro pro Donna Bilbrey. “Till there is total slack in the line, the jig is not where the bass are feeding. Bites will typically begin the fall, but if they don’t you are wasting a cast by not allowing it to reach the structure. I see anglers working a jig before it reaches where in requirements to frequently be, on the bottom.” The lady bass professional observes.
Jig fishing knowledge comes from experience. They are extremely versatile, and a novice needs to know that not just cover will be holding bass, but a jig fished in a transitional area can be affective as we’ll. Transition areas such as a ditch where clay and sand meet, or gravel and piece rock come together can be the best put on a lake to begin.
Hummingbird side imaging is terrific however look for clues on the bank too. Steep banks and transition can be seen above the water. Searching for these small hints on the bank then following up with your side imaging or the 360 degree scan of your Humminbird is encouraged. In this manner you are learning how to read the lake and understanding the relationship in between bass and structure.
Dragging, hoping or swimming a jig in the transition areas will typically produce a couple of bass. Bait is drawn in these areas and naturally the bass are not far behind. Understanding which jig to use will improve this technique even more. Hair jigs, skirted jigs, heavy jigs, light jigs, large or small, different colors, this is what can make the easiest of lures ended up being complex to fish bass. Each type has a propose, however just as diverse as the numerous types of jig, is the hundreds of presentations where they can be fished. Do not enable all of it to get ahead of you. Begin and stick with the essentials till experience states you are prepared to move on.
Simplicity is an important starting location. Many anglers begin with one of the most fundamental, a 1oz. Jig with a black and blue skirt with a matched trailer. By first learning the correct method to drop a jig in and around cover you are on your way. A brush pile, rocks, stumps, a lay down tree, these are the places that will hold bass. Jigs have actually earned their bass capturing track record not due to the fact that they are a long casting lure however due to the fact that they are designed to be put into the cover that holds the bass.
Take the football jig for instance, it has been around a long time getting its name from its oval shaped head. The football jig has a different good than other jigs, actually falling level instead of nose first. They offer anglers the chance to figs a much heavier jig and get much deeper than a round or bullet shaped jigs.
The choice of selecting the appropriate trailer to use is the next step. A soft plastic trailer will include bulk and profile to a jig presentation. By adding the detail of arms, fins and pincers and action water displacement to the jig will cause a response from a bass as it enhances the discussion getting the attention of the bass. The size shape and weight of a trailer can also assist anglers to manage the descent of the jig by the bouncy and displacement of the plastic slowing the descent. The trailer can make the jig resemble a bait fish or a crawfish with the right color, size and profile to closely match the forage the fish are feeding on.
A jig can be less forgiving than a crankbait or another lure since you can fish numerous lures incorrectly and still capture fish in the right conditions. If you fish a jig wrong you can wager that you will not catch bass, however with this stated, there is not a better bait for tough days in difficult conditions. Anglers need to focus on jigs after putting it in the right location. Feeling a jig is extremely important. By remaining in contact with the jig and understanding what it is doing is what makes some anglers much better than others. It is the rod that puts the jig in motion and keeps you in touch with it as you hop, swim or leap it along.
Anglers that fish jigs require at least a 6′ 6″ – a 7’6″ rod with a heavy to medium action and a soft sufficient tip so the angler can feel the jig at all times. This rod must have enough power to deliver a solid hook set. The GTS 7’9″ pitching rod developed by Gary Loomis has the action, backbone, and sensitivity needed to manage a jig with accuracy. Bait casting reels can manage a heavy jig and the heavier line required to fish jigs in heavy cover and play a big bass back to the boat. For this factor spinning reels do not hold up as well.
Jigs are heavy, weighing 1/2 to 1 oz. but in spite of their weight they will not fall straight down unless they are on a slack line. To get the jig to fall straight down a tree trunk or in a brush stack avoid engaging the reel up until the line is slack and the jig is on the bottom. A bass holding tight to cover will seldom leave the cover to strike a falling bait, however put it in his face and he will inhale the jig on the fall. The jig needs to fall under the cover to be effected. The pitch of the jig on a slack line is important. Engaging or tripping the reel before the jig has actually completed the fall into the cover will create a pendulum impact triggering the jig to swing back to the rod suggestion and away from the cover and away from the bass. This is why a long rod with backbone and a soft idea is such a crucial tool for pitching a jig.
Jigs are thought of as a shallow water bait, but a modification in weather will send out bass deep. Bass prefer areas where they can easily move from shallow to deep water rapidly during changing conditions. Steep banks, bulges and points are natural ambush points that provide existing breaks in reservoirs that pull water, and offer comfort above the thermocline in summertime. In late summer and through the early fall after the water has warmed up, the majority of the life in a lake will be discovered above this layer of water.
This layer kinds in between the warm water on the surface and the cold lifeless water on the bottom. Baitfish and other animals will set up in relation to structure in the oxygenated comfortable depth of the thermocline. It can be found between fifteen and thirty feet in depth sometimes. When fishing a lake with a thermocline layer, start at thirty feet or two searching for bait fish on your Humminbird. When you find the target depth you can then decide what variety of techniques to use depending on that depth. Putting the jig in the very same depth that the fish remain in is the key. Keep in mind as water heats up the thermocline will be lowered, and as the water cools it will rise.
Fishing a jig is merely about the lure falling. Not just do you desire a jig to fall in the right place but you want it to call at the right speed. Speed can not only be regulated with a trailer, but it can be controlled by changing to a lighter or much heavier head, or a lighter or heavier line. A hair jig will fall much slower than a rubber skirted jig of the exact same size and weight. Jigs are typically in between the weights of 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz variety. The most typical jig weight for bass anglers being 1/2 and 3/4 oz sizes.
Anglers look for jigs with the weed guard being placed as close to the hook as possible. The closer the weed guard is to the hook the much better the hook set will be. A jig with the idea of the hook close to or touching the weed guard will require a bit more finesse when fishing it through wood cover to keep it from snagging however it will pay off once you discover a bass.
The simple jig should not frighten brand-new anglers, in reality it’s versatility will increase an anglers self-confidence considerably with a little persistence and experience. We have set out the fundamental techniques had to master the jig. Bear in mind a couple of things that will increase your skill, the fall of the jig, putting it in cover, and concentrating on what the jig is doing. One final idea is to take it easy on the trolling motor when fishing in shallow water. These jig basics will improve your fishing, so fish properly and practice catch and release.
Last update on 2021-05-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API